The National Dog Show, which aired Thanksgiving Day on NBC, “Jewel” became the first American Foxhound to win Best in Show. More than 1,500 canines entered and over 18 million viewers watched the 2013 National Dog Show.
Lisa Clark introduced therapy dogs to the Lawrence school district for the first time about 20 years ago. Clark, who teaches first and second grade at Lawrence’s Schwegler School, recently fell, breaking her back, and now must rely on therapy dogs for her own recovery.
Across the country, a trend in pet hospice is growing. Veterinarians have begun to market pet hospice as a way to give animals and owners a more comfortable passing. According to The New York Times, the care can cost 25 percent more than euthanasia in a clinic, but vets and owners agree it can be worth it.
- How The Winner Of ‘The National Dog Show’ Is Chosen (businessinsider.com)
- How Adorable is Jewel – American Foxhound Wins 2013 Best in Show (abcnews.go.com)
- What You Need to Know About the American Foxhound (homeschool.answers.com)
- Qualities of a Good Therapy Dog (dogs.answers.com)
- Nov. 2, 2013, is Pet Hospice Day (laurellagoni.wordpress.com)
- Hospice Care for Pets (veterinary.answers.com)